Informational Memorandum: PM-22-001
PACE will be available beginning with the 2022 crop year for selected counties in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin for non-irrigated corn with a sales closing date of March 15, 2022, or later.
PACE provides coverage for producers who “split-apply” nitrogen. To “split-apply” nitrogen, the producer makes multiple fertilizer applications during the growing season rather than providing all of the crop’s nitrogen requirements with a single treatment before or during planting. PACE will provide payments for the projected yield lost when producers are unable to apply the post-application of nitrogen during the V3-V10 corn growth stages due to field conditions created by weather.
The following documents are now available:
- Post-Application Coverage Endorsement (22-20660)
- Eligible PACE Counties
- Post-Application Coverage Endorsement Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20660U)
- Post-Application Coverage Endorsement Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC-20660L)
- Post-Application Coverage Endorsement Fact Sheet
- Post-Application Coverage Endorsement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- USDA News Release