In accordance with Section 4.(c) of your Common Crop Insurance Policy, Basic Provisions (18-BR), we are notifying you of changes to your insurance policy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA) revised the Common Crop Insurance Policy, Basic Provisions (20-BR), Catastrophic Risk Protection Endorsement (20-CAT), and Area Risk Protection Insurance Basic Provisions (20-ARPI) to incorporate changes based on a final rule published in the Federal Register on June 28, 2019.
This rule revises the provisions regarding the:
- Catastrophic administrative fee;
- Actual production history (APH) yield cups;
- Crop production on native sod; and
- Definition of veteran farmer or rancher.
In addition to the 2018 Farm Bill required changes, there are also changes to the provisions for premium offsets, electronic delivery of policy changes, and assigned yields.
These changes are applicable for the 2020 crop year for crops with a contract change date on or after June 30, 2019. For all other crops with a contract change date prior to June 30, 2019, the changes made in this rule are applicable for the 2021 and succeeding crop years.
All policy provisions, notices, and communications that we send to you will be:
- Provided by electronic means, unless (1) We do not have the ability to transmit such information to you by electronic means; or (2) You elect to receive a paper copy of such information using GlobalAg.com/eoptout;
- Sent to the location specified in your records with your crop insurance agent; and
- Will be conclusively presumed to have been received by you.